Sunday 15 January 2017

15th Jan - Mood Board

Today Jinny has picked this lovely mood board to inspire you.


Here is what the design team came up with...

Poised Taupe, the gray color near right center of the graphic above, is Sherwin Williams' Color of the Year; so, I thought it would be fun to start 2017 off on trend.  Plus, this palette had me at hello and made me think of the colors of my son's old baseball team.  I couldn't resist tying in a little bit of denim, and the cut file I chose for the background was inspired by the graphic design in the bottom right corner.

This mood board is just gorgeous but instead of going with a modern theme I decided to go shabby chic. I have used a wood grain heart cut file and layered my layout with fussy cut flowers and butterflies. I look forward to your entries.



The bottom left photo is what captivated me most on this mood board. The grey, yellow, white and touch of blue along with the linear design were the inspiration for my layout. I added some texture by cutting some fringe and and popping some of the flowers with foam. 


I always seem to struggle when it comes to a colored mood board.  And I think it's because of a trapped feeling, not being able to choose whatever you'd like.  So this type of challenge is good for me.  Thank goodness I came across this collection I had stashed away "For The Record 2" by Echo Park.  The colors are perfect!


Vivian
The Woodland collection by Pretty Little Studios was perfect for this mood board.  I chose a simple and clean sketch, added a few touches of stitching and voila!

We hope that has inspired you to get creating, if so please link up your layouts to the side bar, you have until 12th February to join in, for a chance to become our guest designer for a month.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!